Sunday, February 28, 2010
Lessons from a Pot Roast
This was my first real pot roast. I've tried several times over the course of my marriage to make one, however I've never quite gotten the hang of it. So today I gathered my courage, drove down to the grocery store, bought all the ingredients, and then came home to "get serious". My dear friend, Deborah, has inspired me over the past few weeks to step out of my comfort zone and "just do it"...well, I finally did...and oh, was I ever surprised. The house smelled wonderful...my new dutch oven worked like magic, and I finally conquered my fear of the dreaded pot roast....I humbly say that it turned out perfect! I'm in love with that dutch oven...Do you hear me, Deb??? I'm in love!!! Now tomorrow night is "Butter Chicken" - another Pioneer Woman recipe from Tasty Kitchen on her blog. Since I've passed the "Pot Roast" test, I'm feeling a little more courageous with this next assignment. We'll see what happens next...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


You go girl !! Making magic in that kitchen....I can almost smell it from here! Next up for you...drip beef. Your husband will fall to his knees, thinking who is this woman, and who taught her to cook like this?? So proud of you!
ReplyDelete